Funding for Community Organizations
The Confucius Institute at U-M (CIUM) provides support to community organizations that are engaged in China-related educational and cultural events and activities. This application must be submitted to CIUM at least 6 weeks prior to the event or activity in order to be considered for funding. CIUM will support a maximum of 4 events per year, typically for $300-$500. If awarded, funding recipients must submit an activity summary that includes event proceedings and the number of participants within 4 weeks after the event. Failure to report may render the organization ineligible for CIUM’s support in the following academic year.
Your proposal must include the following:
- Event objectives & description
- Itemized budget for the event
- Other sponsors for the event
- Organization’s W-9
- Funding application (download)
Post-event required documents: This must be submitted within 4 weeks after the final event date.
- Activity summary between 200-300 words (narrative form, no bullet points) – This may be used for our annual newsletter and other publication materials. Please provide the name of the author and his/her short bio.
- 5-10 high res photos of the event
Send your proposal and report to firstname.lastname@example.org.